In celebration of National Arts Month this February, we are launching Likhang Hiraya, a fundraising event series that showcases Filipino talent in the visual, literary, and performing arts. In collaboration with select artists and artist groups, we will be holding weekend activities that aim to raise funds that will help ensure learning continues for our public school students in our partner communities. With the theme “Pangarap Para Sa Bata”, artists are encouraged to submit digital artworks that reflect dreams, hopes, and wishes for the Filipino child especially during these trying times.
ARTWORK SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Likhang Hiraya Art Auction is open to all amateur or professional artists, currently residing in the Philippines. Participation is open to individual artists only. Artworks from a group, institution, or company will not be accepted.
- Theme: Pangarap Para sa Bata
- Digital Art – artworks produced and/or manipulated using digital softwares like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, ProCreate, etc.
- 300 dpi
- JPEG or PNG file format
- Artists may or may not sign their artworks, whichever is preferred.
*Manually drawn or painted artworks that are scanned or photographed into digital format will not be accepted.
**Digital art and photographs submitted can be archived artworks or custom-made for the auction.
*** Artworks sold will be printed on 11” x 17” size paper.
- Artists may submit up to three (3) artworks.
- Fill-out this online Google Form.
- Naming convention: Title of Artwork_Year_Artist Name
(ex: Planting Rice_1951_Fernando Amorsolo.jpg)
- Deadline for submission is on February 13, 2021.
- Artists can choose to set the minimum bid price for their artworks, however it should not fall below PhP 1,500.
- Artists may choose to proceed with their sale as follows:
- 40% of the winning bid amount will go to the artist, 60% will go to Teach for the Philippines.
- 20% of the winning bid amount will go to the artist, 80% will go to Teach for the Philippines.
- Artists may also choose to donate 100% of the winning bid amount to Teach for the Philippines.
- Selected artworks will be posted on Teach for the Philippines’ Instagram account.
- The auction will happen from February 5, 2021 to February 7, 2021.
- Payment for the artwork will be sent via GCash or deposited through artists’ bank account.
*In the event that no one bids for the artwork, TFP will cancel future use of the submitted artwork in any shape or form.
- The artist retains all copyrights to their artwork without exception.
- Artists that will be selected for the auction shall grant Teach for the Philippines the permission to reproduce images of the selected artwork/s on the following:
- Website and social media platforms for promotion
- Printed collateral materials such as flyers, brochures, posters, etc.
- Press releases for publicity
- Annual Report for the organization’s due diligence
- Selection Procedure
- A panel of judges composed of TFP Staff will select at least thirty five (35) artworks for auction and this decision will be final.
- Selected artists will be notified via email.
ART AUCTION MECHANICS
- Selected artworks for auction will be posted on Teach for the Philippines’ Instagram account.
- The Art Auction will be held in two batches:
- First Batch – February 20-21, 2021
- Second Batch – February 27-28, 2021
- Bidding will start on Saturday, 9:00 AM until 11:59 PM of the following Sunday.
- Interested bidders may comment their bid directly on the Instagram post or may send their bid via direct message or DM. TFP will update the comments section of the artwork post should there be bids made via DM.
- Starting bid may vary per artwork.
- Bids will be made in increments of 100.00 PHP.
- The winning bidder will be notified via Instagram direct message (DM) on or before March 1, 2021.
- Mode of Payment
- Purchased artworks will be printed once the winning bidders have been notified.
- Winning bidders will be notified as soon as their artwork/s are complete and ready for pick up. Production usually takes no more than one (1) week, depending on the print supplier’s work load.
- Artworks may be picked up in person or by courier at TFP’s Headquarters.
- Pick-up days and hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 9:00AM-3:00PM.
- HQ Address: Unit 201 Asia Tower Condominium, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City
- Shipping fees will be shouldered by the winning bidders.